Deadline for Submissions: September 1, 2018
Deadline for Scores: September 1, 2018
Event Date: November 1, 2018
Event Venue: Hulsey Recital Hall, UAB
Instruments: 1 saxophone (soprano, alto), 1 bassoon, percussion, and piano (duo, trio, or quartet; no solos or solos with electronics)
Duration: Preference will be given to works of 10 minutes or less
Requirements: Alliance members in good standing are invited to submit one work for the Blair Collective concert to be held on November 1, 2018, in Hulsey Recital Hall, UAB.
Please submit one piece (duo, trio, or quartet; no solos or solos with electronics) for the following instruments:
- 1 saxophone (soprano, alto)
- 1 bassoon
Pieces using percussion should focus on using either:
- One keyboard instrument (glockenspiel, vibraphone, OR marimba);
- A small multi-percussion set-up (five instruments at the most);
- OR one keyboard instrument with a few small non-pitched percussion instruments added to the setup (cowbells, cymbals, wood blocks, pipes, flower pots, etc.).
Works may include stereo fixed media electronics (no interactive electronics or solo works with electronics).
Preference will be given to works of 10 minutes or less.
Only one submission per composer will be considered.
The deadline for scores and parts is August 15, 2018.
How to submit:
All submissions should be sent via email to with the subject heading “BAMA Blair Collective Call – Your Name,” and should include an attachment or a link (Dropbox, Google Drive, WeTransfer, etc) with the following files:
- A PDF of the score and a set of parts (PDFs can also be sent as an attachment)
- An audio recording, if available (MIDI realizations are acceptable)
- A PDF document listing the name of the composer, title of the piece, instrumentation, duration, short biographical statement, and program notes.
Failure to supply all required materials with submissions will result in the composition not being considered for programming.