Deadline for Submissions: August 11, 2018
Event Date: Thursday, October 18, 2018, at 7:30 PM
Event Venue: Hulsey Recital Hall, UAB
Instruments: See 2 categories below
Duration: 10 minutes or less
NOTE: In an effort to have all BAMA submitting members programmed during the festival, any member who has not yet been programmed will receive priority over those who have already been programmed for other festival events. Any submissions not selected for this specific event may be considered for programming on other BNMF concerts.
Requirements: Alliance members in good standing are invited to submit one piece in the following categories:
- Electronics. Two-channel audio recording alone, or with live processing
- Compositions performed by the composer, or by performer(s) provided by the composer, preferably with electronics.
Works submitted must be 10 minutes or less in duration.
Composers are limited to one submission for this call.
How to submit: Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “2018 BNMF-EA” as the subject, and should include a link (Dropbox, Google Drive, WeTransfer, etc) to the following files:
- A PDF score, if necessary (PDF scores can also be sent as an attachment)
- An audio recording (MIDI realizations are acceptable)
- A PDF document listing the name of the composer, title of the piece, instrumentation, duration, short biographical statement, and program notes.
Selected composers will be notified in early September.
If the information above is not provided when submitted, upon notification of a work’s acceptance for performance, the composer must supply all pertinent performance materials including a full score and individual parts, a concise one-paragraph bio of the composer, and a concise one-paragraph program note about the work. Failure to supply these materials in a timely manner will result in the composition not being presented during the festival.